|DevOps Engineer - Derby
Webroot is seeking highly motivated and hands on DevOps Engineers to maintain and improve the reliability and uptime of Webroot Product and Services. We're looking for seasoned candidates with extensive experience in Windows & Linux, CI/CD and AWS. In this position, you will work with close with our Engineering and QA teams to ensure that Webroot products are deployed and managed to world class reliability standards. You will be instrumental in working with the team to monitor, secure and optimize our next generation infrastructure soup to nuts.
We are using the latest cloud-based technologies including AWS (ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc…), as well as Terraform and other automation tools. We are early adopters/experimenters for many of the latest tools and technology stacks. In this position you’ll help us greatly expand our footprint designing how we can use new technologies, better use multiple geographies, high availability, elasticity, and high-performance optimizations, as well as leading the DevOps culture for the company. We are also launching major projects in Cloud Security, Compliance and cloud cost optimization.
Required Core Skills
- Excellent people and communication skills with at least 3 years of experience in a DevOps and Agile environment.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Solid understanding of Windows Server and Linux OS as well as computer networking
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell, bash)
- Experience with tools and technologies like GitLab, Jenkins, TeamCity, Jira, ELK, Grafana, and so on.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables, both scheduled and unscheduled, including planned releases, major/minor/emergency deployments, builds, etc.
- AWS Expertise
- CI/CD (especially around .Net / .NetCore)
- Big Data (Hive/HBase/ElasticSearch etc…)
- Application containerization (ECS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software development (.NetCore, node.js)
- Experience in setting up release processes and managing software releases in complex enterprise environments, with business application and third-party products, and SaaS solutions.
- Drive tactical delivery and strategic deployment architectures for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Experience working with global teams effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent field required
- 5+ years of technical experience including 3+ years’ experience working with DevOps, Agile, or CI/CD Engineers.
- Competitive salary
- Shared pension plan
- Paid Holiday/Sick day leave
- Disability cover
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Relaxed, easy going workplace
- Casual dress
- Free Quarterly Head and Shoulder Massage
- Flexible working
- Training and development
- Health and wellness scheme (with cash payment towards gym membership or sports equipment)
- Table tennis and foosball
- Free fruit and beverage + team lunches
- Staff days out
- Relocation package