|Software Development Manager
Webroot is a well-established leading provider of Internet Security for consumers and businesses worldwide. Our team based in Derby, UK is currently seeking a Software Development Manager to lead our fast paced development team. This role requires an ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams.
- To manage the development activities associated with complex, distributed, cloud based .net web based applications.
- To establish and maintain quality processes within the function.
- To deliver new business systems in line with the defined software lifecycle on time and within budget.
- Responsible for Development staff, contractors, hiring and third parties.
- Work closely with other development managers and technical directors to recommend and agree technological solutions to meet business requirements.
- To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing new technologies to support requirements of the business.
- Provide technical direction and training to ensure that designs and implementation are in accordance with the software architecture.
- Manage an initial team of 5 talented engineers in an agile environment
- Recruit new team members to address future business needs
- Manage communication from agile development activities that ultimately enable product releases
- Able to create/maintain a team culture where innovation and passion is at the forefront.
- Experience managing a team of high caliber Software Engineers developing complex, world class, scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Agile Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Extensive knowledge in Test Driven Development, SOLID principles and Agile/Scrum
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Significant technical experience as a software developer in .Net/MVC/JS
- Significant experience in object-oriented design and data structures
- Significant experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Webroot is committed to taking the misery out of Internet security for consumers and businesses. Founded in 1997, privately held Webroot is headquartered in Colorado, US with global operations across North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit http://www.webroot.com.